Thursday 3 April 2008

Strange Days Indeed


Still Life Week.

It's been a wierd couple of days - the first time I've ever been near a murder inquiry. Our wee village is right in the middle of Angus and on Tuesday two children found a woman's head in a plastic bag on Arbroath beach, about seven miles away from us, a pair of hands were found later on. Today we were driving in Brechin and saw TV cameras and familiar faces from the news programmes. An hour or so later as we were on the way home, we passed along the same street and saw lines of police tape and and police cars parked by a block of flats. Turns out that the woman had been identified and traced to a flat in that block. Now the news says that even more body parts have appeared on another local beach in Carnoustie. It is very odd to see local landmarks on the national news. I just wish it wasn't for something quite so gruesome.

Today's photo is a decription of what I did this morning. The sun was shining and I sat in my chair listening to Barry Adamson. We went to see him in Glasgow last night and he was wonderful. The little brown leaves in the picture were found in the chair when I took it out of the shed for the first time this year. They must be last year's Beech leaves, I remember them falling on me in the autumn.

4 comments:

Cindy G said...

Woah, that's gruesome. Those poor kids.

mary jane said...

Like a detective novel, and what cindy said, those poor kids.

Your food has been making me hungry.

a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh!! that is terrible. how awful for those children to have seen it too!

Anonymous said...

I read about that in the paper on holiday in the Alps,,,I thought it was awfully close to you, it was a Lithuanian woman, and they got the two guys who did it. Pretty gruesome, poor woman.
Love the pics and foodie stuff....