Sunday 6 January 2008

New Year - New Cold and some gratitude.



It's the time of year for resolutions and stuffy noses. I'm very good at having colds and not so good at keeping my New Year Resolutions so while I'm under the duvet and snuffling into my hankies, I'm only making one new decision.

This year I'm going to be grateful for things. Not in any pious or self denying way, I just want to feel glad about what I already have. So, in that spirit, I'll review the festivities in the Mog World according to what I was grateful for.....

1. I was glad that we didn't do Christmas in the usual sense, we didn't give, or get gifts and dinner was hummous and cheese and pears. No stress, just good company.

2. We had a lovely walk on Christmas Day with my big brother Tom by the side of a beautiful frosty Loch.

3. En route to my old girls' New Year reunion in Kent, I spent an evening with my friend Stefanie's family. We haven't met for about fourteen years and it was a lot of fun. Spookily, I now agree with Stef's father on some politics. That would never have happened before.

4. The Girls - Oldest and dearest chums, I don't think I have the words to say how grateful I am for them. I realised that they are the women I talk to about things I would never discuss with anyone else. Proper plain talking good friends. Much laughter and tears.

5. I am incredibly grateful for the partner of one of these friends, who fed us, kept us topped up with wine and took the children away for the night so that we could talk into the small hours.
T - you are a wonder.

6. Today I am grateful that I don't have to do anything or go anywhere except the long walk from the sofa to the kettle. There will be football commentary on the radio, a cat snoring nearby and a mile of yarn to knit.


Happy New Year to everyone.

3 comments:

Cindy G said...

I'm grateful for the lovely photos. Thanks for sharing them. And hope you feel better soon.

mary jane said...

I agree with cindy g, the most beautiful pictures, they've stayed with me all day. A beautiful pair.

magnusmog said...

Thanks both of you. I'm glad you enjoed the pictures.