Saturday 17 November 2007

Noggin Problems



It's been very quiet here at Mog Towers. The only thing of note to report was a medical first, although not one I'd recommend to anyone else. I had a six day migraine which left me lingering under the duvet for most of the week. The doc tells me it was a cluster migraine and she has given me very strong pills in the event of it ever coming back. I spent many hours spinning and trying not to feel pain. The spinning worked out well though. The fleece I was using is pretty close to the colour these sheep are wearing in a photo my father took on one of his weekly walks. Next time I'm going to ask him to carry shears.

I'm almost at the end of the first sleeve of Archie's 1960 Vogue sweater and the anxiety is creeping in. It's a funny one, the sleeve is shaped and then a saddle of 24 stitches is knitted to the same length as the back shoulder and when sewing up occurs, it will be sewn between the front and back. The back shoulder measurement seems to be longer than the front due to neckline shaping and I'm a little unsure as to how it will turn out. I've seen similar patterns and I'm hoping that when I come to the sewing it will all miraculously make sense.

A glorious thing making no sense whatsoever has returned to UK telly. The third series of The Mighty Boosh started on Thusday. I'm not going to try and explain the allure of this show, just have a look at www.bbc.co.uk/mightyboosh and see if it makes you laugh. Most of our family are in love with Noel Fielding, seen here on the right wearing lightning.

4 comments:

Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brain pain! I also get migraines, so I wince in sympathy. Take care.

Cindy G said...

The migraine sounds awful. Hope the new meds take care of it.
Shears for your Da are a good idea! Now I'm off to check out that Boosh thing.

Anonymous said...

I Missed the Boosh!!!I can't believe it....I wish I could download it. (sorry bout the stinker migraine btw, you truly truly have my understanding and sympathy).....
Will be in touch soon..lol
me

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the migraine - only had one so far in my life & I was wishing for a bullet.
Did you hear how Modonna is having trouble from animal groups about the activity of dyeing her sheep pre-shearing? Doesn't seem like a very effective way to treat wool, with the lanolin issue & all . . . lol!