Saturday 19 December 2009

Dizzy, Grumpy and Puggled.




Is a description of the state of me, rather than the names of Santa's new reindeer. Too much excitement has taken its toll and my energy reserves have run out. I've been confined to barracks for most of the week, bumbling around the house like a bee with a defective flight plan.

When not lying on the sofa playing a furry game of Russian Roulette with Magnus ( he sleeps on my chest, I try not twitch in my sleep and cause him to strike with all claws ) I have been knitting simple things to keep me sane. Two scarves of the Baktus persuasion have been finished off and the sainted Mary Jane came to my rescue with her Cabled Chullo pattern which is super easy but looks really impressive. It is finished and blocking on a balloon in my window, much to the confusion of the neighbours who mistook it for me when they walked past. I say the hat is finished but in reality I have still to rustle up the energy to make two pom poms. Any day now.

I have been entertaining myself by taking pictures of the cat 'helping' with my craft endeavours. Here are some of my favourites. The project on the ironing board is in fact my very first ever patchwork quilt made from rectangles of denim. It has been sent upstairs to Knitting Headquarters for Christmas and I confidently anticipate that it will be finished in January just as soon as I have taught myself how to make a border.

6 comments:

Lyn said...

Magnus looks grumpy on the photo with the knitting! Hope you feel better soon.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Cindy G said...

Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling so well, hope you are rested up and better soon.

Loved the Magnus pics, though he does look rather evil in that last one.

Did you get hit by the big snow?

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you, I have been battling a very nasty cold all this last week and am only just feeling human again. Ruby has been keeping watch over me while I sleep and Shanks is trying to make enough noise for all of us. Today it is back to work but at least it will be a short week, I could use some more sleep!

Anonymous said...

"Russian roulette" made me laugh out loud :)
Loved your post ~ Hi Magnus!
Sending you Happy New Year wishes and good luck with your quilt!

Louisa said...

I must borrow your quote about the bee - I've got that problem today too! Hope you're feeling better.

All the best for the New Year!

mary jane said...

oooh cables so lovely in red! I'm so glad to be back in touch, I hope you're feeling better.
mj