Monday 1 June 2009

A camp adventure




The lad and I went North this week taking a car stuffed with camping gear and emergency chocolate. We were headed to the aptly named Archiestown in Speyside. Our tent has it's own living space with room for a table and chairs. We also had a dishwasher and a fridge - of the camping kind.

We had true Scottish weather - rain, hail, wind and evenings so cold that you could see your breath, making me thankful that I packed mittens. Many an hour was spent listening to the rain and reading. There was time to let imagination flow - I thought that the view of the trees through the tent window plastic looked like an Impressionist painting.

And then the sun came out and the world became even more glorious.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

that sounds like an absolute dream of an adventure - i am so envious! glad you enjoyed it fully.

Cindy G said...

Mittens and nice wool socks, I hope. It looks like great fun. As always, your photos are lovely and evocative.

Karin said...

The "dishwasher" was really leaving the dishes out in the rain, wasn't it? :)

How wonderful to be getting away and letting your soul take a breather.

soxchik said...

I got a kick out of your fridge/dishwasher!

sugarcreekstuff said...

I have a fridge/dishwasher just like yours, but mine is yellow.
There is nothing like reading in a tent with no other worries calling to you.

woolydaisy said...

sounds like a cozy adventure! did you bring your knitting?

mary jane said...

We must be having the same weather, when I feel sorry for the tourists I'll think of your adventure, and things are really what you make them.