So, we survived the flying and the jet lag. Immigration was slightly tricky as there had been some mix up with another ticket belonging to someone with a name similar to mine. This meant a visit to the Scary Immigration Office. Luckily I passed and then made it through Customs without having my tin of shortbread confiscated.
Here are some first impressions:
1. Blue skies - lots of.
2. People in Oakland, especially women will smile in your direction if you catch their eye.
3. Blue Jays.
5. Raw food smoothies at Cafe Gratitude.
6. Post Halloween pumpkins still on porches.
7. Many bookshops.
8. At least one yarn store in walking distance.
9. A lovely light filled apartment.
10. So much good coffee I might never sleep again.
Best of all, we get to hang out with Tom and Lara!