Saturday 24 February 2007

The turmeric challenge



I'm teaching myself how to dye stuff. So far I've had success with a little pot of Dylon Forest Green and some turmeric, but not mixed together. That'll come later. I've read some advice online which suggests that the turmeric fades quite a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with that. I choose for my first experiment some cotton yarn that I'd ripped from a chartity shop jumper which was the great price of two quid. Not much can go wrong then. Although my very tasteful chum Sylvia voiced concern about the possibility of a yellow and green stripey jumper developing out of all of this. She doesn't know about the pale blue yet either. That's probably why she is a beautiful jewellery maker and I knit huge amounts of colourful tastelessness.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Ooh lovely colours.As part of the big clear out there will be some packets of dylon on their way to you soon.

magnusmog said...

hurrah!